May 18, 2022
COVID-19 Home Tests are Now Available for U.S. Households
Kirksville, MO 5/18/22 – Adair County residents can now request another set of free at-home COVID-19 test kits. The kit contains eight tests and are delivered free of charge via the U.S. Postal Service.
“Testing is a critical part of keeping the spread of COVID-19, particularly of the Omicron variants which are so easily transmitted,” said Jim LeBaron, Adair County Health Department administrator. “These tests are easy to order, easy to use, and they’re free. We encourage every household in Adair County to take advantage of the opportunity to request theirs.”
Households can keep the home tests on hand to use as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19;
- At least five days after you know or suspect you have had close contact with someone with COVID-19;
- As a screening tool for congregate settings such as the workplace, schools, and churches;
- As a screening tool immediately before travel and after you return; and,
- When asked by a healthcare provider or public health official to test for the virus.