In healthy people, the pancreas takes care of this temporary elevation of blood sugar within an hour or two by parsing out extra doses of insulin.
However, for people who are insulin resistant, pre-diabetic or diabetic, repeated overproduction of insulin in response to large meals starts a vicious cycle that ultimately the pancreas can’t keep up with. As a result, blood sugar builds up and stays up.
The clinic can perform a blood sugar test to find out your blood sugar levels:
- No physicians referral is needed
- Blood sugar testing is completed by finger stick method
- The test can be performed fasting or at random
- Results are given immediately
- The cost of testing is $20
For an appointment, please call 660-665-8491.