August 8, 2013
MCH (Maternal and Child Health Services)
Purpose:Increase public awareness about good nutrition and physical exercise by implementing a system of prevention in Adair County.
Goals:Over the next 3 years, through 2014, we will be working with community groups, businesses, and schools to increase public awareness in order to prevent and reduce obesity among children, adolescents, and women by supporting policies and activities already in place, and providing education opportunities to various community groups. We will provide classes, presentations, and other education, as we connect with other community resources.
Upcoming scheduled events include:
- Future plans are to offer “Healthy Cooking Club” classes and healthy recipes through this website and Facebook.
We have added new links to area partners with healthy living activities and services – Please check them out to see what is happening in our community.
Our new Healthy Living Nutrition Quiz is now available below.
Keep checking this website for updates!
- Forest Lake Area Trail System (FLATS)
- Kirksville YMCA
- Complete Family Medicine www.cfmkv.com
Dr Puckett D.O., Dr Collins D.O., Ella Callison, P.A.
- Northeast Missouri Rural Health Network www.NMRHN.org
- Sara Ebert, R.D. www.facebook.com/FunFoodforLife
Healthy Recipe links