November 10, 2015
What is the Fit-Tastic Program all about?
The Adair County Health Department has teamed-up with the Adair County YMCA, University of Missouri Extension, Hy-Vee, and Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics in Kansas City to form the Northeast Missouri Fit-Tastic program. Our goal is to assist individuals interested in choosing and achieving healthy habits for a healthy future.
- The CDC has estimated that 70% of the population of Adair County will be obese by 2030.
- Childhood obesity can best be reduced when parents and other family members choose healthy habits.
- Fit-Tastic goes beyond diets by assisting individuals who need education and encouragement to choose healthier long-term habits and lifestyles.
So what can I do?
- Take the Fit-Tastic Healthy Lifestyles Quiz
- Learn about the Fit-Tastic five healthy habits (see below).
- Set goals for you and your family to improve your health.
- Let your health care provider know about your plan.
- Welcome to the Fit-Tastic program!
The Five Healthy Habits:
- One hour or more of Physical Activity per day
- Two hours maximum of screen time per day
- Three servings of low or nonfat milk per day
- Four servings of water per day
- Five or more servings or more of fruits and vegetables
For more information about the Fit-Tastic program please call the Adair County Health Department at 660-665-8491.