February 15, 2023
02/15/23 COVID-19 and Influenza Cases Have Risen This Week in Adair County
Please note the Y axis is a scale of positive cases reported to the Health Department for the past week ending Feb 14, 2023. Positive Home Covid-19 tests are included in this data if they are reported to us. During this same week, the Health Department has received 1 Influenza A case. With these infections still circulating in Adair County, we recommend:
- Making a plan for you, family and friends to lower your risk of contracting these respiratory viruses.
- Get tested to determine if you are positive for Influenza or Covid-19. The Department of Health and Senior Services is scheduling free testing every Friday in Kirksville on the Truman campus (First Street and Randolph Street parking lot) from 10a to 6p.
- Monitor your health every day. If you have symptoms see your health provider.
- Stay home from work, school, or crowded events if you are sick.
- Get vaccinated for Covid-19 and Influenza to help protect you and others.
- Adjust your traveling plans according to your health status and evaluating the health risk of those you will be around.
- Washing your hands often.
The Adair County Covid-19 community category is Low The Bi-valent Covid booster and flu shots are available at the Health Department. Please call 660-665-8491 to schedule an appointment.