August 15, 2016
Immunizations: The power to protect.
Are you aware that adults need more vaccinations than a yearly flu vaccine? Fifty thousand adults die in the United States each year due to vaccine-preventable diseases.
Why should you get vaccinated?
- Vaccine-preventable diseases have not gone away.
- Vaccines help keep you healthy.
- Vaccines are as important to overall health as diet and exercise.
- Vaccination can mean the difference between life and death.
- Vaccines are safe and effective.
- Vaccines will not give you the disease they are designed to prevent.
- Vaccines cost less than contracting the diseases they prevent.
- Vaccinating parents and grandparents will help prevent the spread of certain diseases to infants and children.
Talk to your medical provider/ health care professional or the Adair County Health Department for more information (660-665-8491).
August is National Immunization Awareness month. Help celebrate the awareness by talking to your physician or health care provider today to see what vaccines you may need.
You never outgrow the need for immunizations!