December 16, 2014
The Adair County Health Department is reporting 192 cases of influenza during December 2014 with 49 cases reported during January 2015. These are cases reported from County health providers including physicians, the Northeast Regional Medical Center, clinics, and other health providers. It’s not to late to receive the benefits of a flu shot. According to the CDC, although the current vaccines’s ability to protect against the drifted H3N2 viruses this season may be reduced, we are strongly recommending getting your flu shot. We also encourage everyone to:
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands often and especially when coughing or sneezing
- Wash with soap and warm water or clean with an alcohol-based hand cleaner
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick
- See your physician or health provider if symptoms become worse
Stay healthy this New Year and 2015!!!