Welcome to our website!
Founded on March 15, 1979, the Adair County Health Department serves the citizens of Adair County, Missouri. Our goal is to help you and your family achieve and maintain good health by:
- Providing preventative services including vaccinations
- Providing health education
- Providing special programming including WIC and family planning
- Conducting communicable disease investigations
- Providing referrals to medical and health partners in our community
- Enforcing the Adair County Food Ordinance, and health related Missouri statutes.
- Responding to public health emergencies
- Providing Home Health services to clients who are homebound
In addition to these important services, ACHD provides birth and death records for the public. Birth records date back to 1920 while death records are available from 1980. Please visit our home page and click on Vital Records to find requirements and fees.
The Adair County Health Department will promote health, wellness, and protect the public from disease through health education; and providing professional, client centered services in our clinics, homes, and community. This mission is carried out through the programs and services found on this website.
A responsive, sustainable public health system positioned to promote and enhance the health of all Adair County citizens.
We are one of 89 county Local Public Health Agencies operating in Missouri that is organized by an elected local Board of Trustees. Having four-year terms, our Board of Trustees is responsible for:
- Adoption of bylaws, rules, and regulations for the Health Department.
- Oversight of The Health Department’s operations and financial expenditures
- Oversight of the Health Department’s strategic and long-term planning.
Meet our Board of Trustees and Administrator (pictured from left to right):
- Sharon Tuttle, Secretary
- Theresa Hewitt, Treasurer
- Jim LeBaron, Administrator
- Vern Playle, Chairperson
- Myra Baiotto, Member at Large
- Patsy Jones, Vice Chairperson